External HDD Enclosure - USB HDD Enclosure - HDD Enclosure Media Player
- Welcome to one-stop HDD Enclosure Wholesale Place, we sell HDD Enclosure Media Players, 1.8 / 2.5 / 3.5 HDD Enclosures, External HDD Enclosures, USB HDD Enclosures, SATA HDD Enclosures, IDE HDD Enclosures, Network HDD Enclosures from China Electronic Shop. For sample or small order, please purchase online. For large order, please contact us.
China HDD Enclosures Wholesale
- New Wholesale Products
A disk enclosure is essentially a specialized chassis designed to hold and power disk drives while providing a mechanism to allow them to communicate to one or more separate computers.
Drive enclosures(A metal box) provide power to the drives therein and convert the data sent across their native data bus into a format usable by an external connection on the computers to which it is connected. In some cases, the conversion is as trivial as carrying a signal between different connector types.
In others, it is so complicated as to require a separate embedded system to retransmit data over connector and signal of a different standard. Factory-assembled external hard disk drives, external DVD-ROM drives, and others are all built around disk enclosures. Bulkier models built around 2.5" & 3.5" hard drives and full-height 5.25" DVD-ROM drives use enclosures that are often nearly identical to OEM enclosures. Key benefits to using external disk enclosures include:
- Adding additional storage space and media types to small form factor and laptop computers, as well as sealed embedded systems, such as digital video recorders.
- Adding more drives to any given server or workstation than their chassis can hold.
- Transferring data between non-networked computers, jokingly known as sneakernet.
- Adding a backup source with a separate power supply from the connected computer.
- Sharing the data on a drive in a network-aware enclosure.
- Preventing the heat from a disk drive from increasing the heat inside an operating computer case.
- Simple and cheap approach to hot swapping.
- Recovering the data from a broken or damaged computer.
- Lower the cost of removable storage by reusing hardware designed for internal use.
- More memory than Flash Drives.
- Better protection of files from damage, age, weathering, and corruption, than CDs, DVDs, and Flash Drives.
Related Categories: Web Camera Bluetooth Dongle Digital TV Receiver Cool Parts PC & Notebook Accessories USB Flash Disk VOIP Skype Phone Wifi Keyboard & Mouse Joysticks USB Hubs